PodPost Media is a podcasting company designed specifically for online experts & entrepreneurs. Our goal is to simplify the production process for our clients by creating a one-stop shop for all things podcasting.
We work with top tier Online Experts; coaches, consultants, authors, speakers, and digital influencers who are using podcasting as a way to reach their audience, build their network, and establish themselves as an authority in their industry.
We offer a collection of different services, including audio post-production, graphic design, content creation, copywriting, transcription, publishing, and more.
Our company has seen significant growth since launching (64% year-over-year) and we’re now building out our team to manage the increasing demand.
Our team comes from a variety of diverse backgrounds and rallies around making amazing things happen by working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. We take pride in creating a working environment that is fun, exciting, challenging and we treat all employees with respect. In fact, we believe nothing is as important to a company’s success than the people within it.
We are looking for an experienced Persuasive Style Copywriter who is eager to join a thriving company in its early years of development with a ton of potential for growth.
Your role will be to write copy for our podcasting clients. In most situations, you’ll be listening to podcast episodes featuring world-class online experts & entrepreneurs, and turning those conversations into engaging show notes and social media content that entices website visitors to tune-in and opt-in.
You’ll be responsible for creating various forms of online content, including:
- Podcast Show Notes
- Blog Posts
- Social Media Content
- Website Content
- Landing Pages
- Sales Copy
- Ad Copy (sponsorships, social media ads, etc.)
As a persuasive style copywriter, you know how to write copy that is clear, concise, compelling, and gets people to take action.
Your words should grab the reader’s attention, speak to their biggest wants and needs, and answer the question “What’s in it for me?”
At the same time, your copy needs to feel authentic, which is especially important in today’s day and age, where readers are increasingly more turned off by copy that feels too salesy.
This role requires someone who is highly organized, is a pro at managing their time, and can get the job done without a lot of direction or hand holding.
The job also needs a special person who is extremely disciplined and is open to working after hours from time-to-time to ensure deadlines are met. While working with a company in its early stages requires a lot of hard work, we want to hire someone who is excited to make an impact and grow with the company in their job, duties, and responsibilities – as well as their compensation and benefits.
While the company headquarters is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, our team is completely virtual, so this is a work from home position and is open to anyone in North America.
- Strong understanding of direct response copywriting principles
- Ability to write copy that is clear, concise, compelling, and persuasive
- A knack for writing irresistible copy that speaks to the reader and taps into their biggest challenges, wants and needs
- The ability to match someone else’s writing style and tone of voice, otherwise known as ghostwriting
- The ability to repurpose long-form content into micro content for social media
- A minimum of 3 years (5+ years preferred) of relevant work experience as a copywriter, and examples of work that you can share
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, often under tight deadlines
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn and grow
- Extremely resourceful and effective at problem solving
- Reliable computer and internet connection
- Ability to work remotely
Skills Considered to be a Strong Asset (but not required):
- Having written for other podcasts would be a big bonus.
- A deep understanding for online business
- Understanding of SEO & SEM strategies
- Lead Generation & Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Landing page optimization
- Sales Funnels
- Experience working with CRM platforms, such as Keap, ActiveCampaign, Netsuite, SalesForce, etc.
- Strong command of major social media platforms (IG, FB, TW, LN, YT)
We > Me – Individuals don’t scale, teams do. It’s not about what you can accomplish individually, it’s about impacting what we can accomplish together. Share ownership, lend a hand, and make changes that empower others.
Courageous Communication – being able to ask questions and share ideas. Being open to differing points of view without judging or being judged. Being upfront and having the courage to discuss challenging matters, so they can be resolved rather than suppressed. If there’s a problem, we don’t ignore it, we talk through it together and become stronger in the process.
Reason Not Rank – The best ideas can come from anywhere. When working towards the same goal, the quality of the solution will always outweigh the source. And the highest quality solutions will be collaborative.
Building Community – We are a team that fosters a community to take risks, speak up, and feel heard. Community is derived from mutual respect and humility — in how we act, listen, and lead.
Proactive Leadership – We are a proactive team that believes leadership is an action to be taken, not a title to be given.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following via email to [email protected] with the subject line “World-Class Copywriter”
- PDF of your cover letter. Tell us why you think you’d be great for this job.
- PDF of your resume.
- Please fill out our pre-interview questionnaire.
Please note, if you’re looking for a side gig or short term position, you’re probably not a good fit. We want people who are interested in a long-term role, are committed to being their best, and who are looking to be part of a like minded and caring team.
Best of luck, and we look forward to reviewing your application!
Charlie Connely, Owner of PostPost Media